Catawba Gold Bait Catalpa Worms
We Do Not Ship Live Catalpa Worms!
Catawba Gold Bait catalpa worms are picked & immediatly frozen right off the tree. We shipped them in Climate controlled Containers and Freeze packs to ensure freshness of the product.
*If you are shipping Live and frozen fishing bait to an address within the Blue and Red area surrounding Indiana. Please us FedEx Ground for commercial addresses and FedEx Home delivery for residential addresses. The rest of the country in the other areas will need to select FedEx 2 Day Air at a minimum. We will not ship frozen bait that takes longer than 2 days to deliver.
They are as good frozen, as they are fresh off the tree. Catalpa Worms come from the Catalpa tree mostly in the southern regions of the country. These worms infest the tree and eat the leaves several times a year. Some people consider them as pests to the environment, but fisherman will search far and wide to get these prize catfish attractors. I have had fisherman travel from other states to get this legendary catfish bait. If anyone tells you they don't work, they aren't fishing with them properly.
Guidelines for shipping Live or Frozen Bait!
There are special considerations when ordering Catalpa Worms/Live or frozen Bait that must be followed to ensure the freshness of the fishing bait. Our only wish is to provide you with the quality fishing bait you have come to expect from your own local Mom and Pop bait shops!
1. Someone must be present to receive the order from the delivery driver. This is done by signing for the delivery and can be confirmed by the shipping carrier through our shipping account. The shipping company will leave the container with or without a signature. If the container is left outside in high temperatures this will reduce it's ability to keep bait cool and no replacement or refund will be issued.
2. If a problem with your order has occurred, notify us immediately @ 317-545-BAIT (2248) and a picture must be submitted to our email within an hour of the arrival time to validate the authenticity of your claim. email@example.com
3. When shipping Catalpa Worms or Frozen Bait the freeze packs will thaw in transit, this is a normal situation especially during hot summer months. REMOVE THE BAIT from the shipping container and place directly into a freezer for several hours before handling the bait any further.
4. When shipping live worms they may become weak, this is corrected by adding a few drops of water (Spring or Well water...NOT city or tap water) to the container and placing the worms into the refrigerator immediately for several hours. Please do not drown the worms before fishing with them! Some varieties of Red Worms do not require refrigeration and that will be noted in the product description of the website that they only require some moisture to rehydrate.
How to fish with Catalpa Worms!
We don't just sell them, we use them ourselves and know that they work!
1. Take out only as many as you intend to fish with for the day and keep them stored in a cooler with ice to retain their flavor. They will turn brown over time and can be refrozen and used again for another day.
2. Tear the worm in half and using one end at a time, push the head or rear through itself rolling the skin inside out so that the juices are on the outside. This is done with a small stick, match or toothpick. (It's the taste of the worm that the catfish crave, not the color!)
3. Remove the stick, match or toothpick and insert your desired hook until the point of the hook punctures through the end. Recommended hook sizes are Size 1, 1/0, 2/0 or Larger.
4. Fish as close to the bottom of the lake, pond or river as possible for the best result.
People have been known to catch two channel catfish with only half of a worm! There is a handling charge applied at the checkout section to cover the cost of the climate controlled container and freeze packs.
3 Dozen Catalpa Worms $21.00 + Shipping and Handling
5 Dozen Catalpa Worms $35.00 + Shipping and Handling
10 Dozen Catalpa Worms $70.00 + Shipping and Handling
15 Dozen Catalpa Worms $105.00 + Shipping and Handling
If ordering various types of live or frozen baits for one shipment call for pricing. Prices are subject to change, you will be notified prior to shipment if this occurs.
Thank You for choosing The Bait Barn!